Thursday, February 19, 2009

Eat More Fiber

I've been an outspoken proponent of dietary fiber for years and people keep asking why. Very simply, I've never heard any member of the medical or dietary community say anything negative about fiber. Think about it, have you ever heard anyone say "make sure you don't over do the fiber." Every other nutritional component that I can think of has been alternately idolized and demonized by the medical community, the press, or some best selling diet book. Does fat makes you fat or help you lose weight? Does protein make you lean or destroy your kidneys? Should I eat carbs and live forever or will carbs cause me to die of a fat ass? Should I megadose vitamin C or should I just flush dollar bills down the toilet? What the hell should I eat? That's simple too. Eat everything, but make sure you get enough fiber. I just had a giant serving of burlap for breakfast and I've never felt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment